This page presents various accessibility examples of our product. Features with special attention to vision, hearing, physical function, and recognition are indicated by the following icons:
Indicated with this icon are features with special attention to users under various visual conditions, including myopia, hyperopia, color amblyopia, amblyopia, and blindness.
Indicated with this icon are features with special attention to users with hearing difficulty or hearing loss.
Indicated with this icon are features with special attention to users of different body sizes, users with upper or lower limb disorders, and users with muscle weakness.
Indicated with this icon are features with special attention to users who are not familiar with the operation of devices or users who have difficulty in multiple operations or literacy.
Our product does not provide accessibility to all people. Only the features with special attention to the users explained above, are indicated by these icons. We will continue to make improvements to serve the convenience of more users.
Click “Usability and Accessibility Guide“ for more accessibility examples (Guide will be uploaded later).
We wish to contribute to the business of customers by offering user-friendly document devices and services to as many people as possible. We developed products based on the user-centered design process in order to deeply understand each customer and offer better products and services.
This process consist of survey, planning, design, and evaluation. The repetition of this process allows us to identify challenges, including slight dissatisfaction that customers feel and concerns that customers have not noticed yet. This product development approach that implements improvements from various perspectives.
Through this activity, we promote the development of products that meet the needs of more customers.
Information about the usage and use problems of document devices is collected from sales and market support sites, call centers, and customer surveys, and is analyzed to identify and prioritize challenges to be solved.
Planners, designers, and engineers discuss the challenges identified through surveys, to find the ideal products and their implementation methods. Experts in various fields engage in disc
To commercialize the planned products, development team members, including designers and engineers, work together on product design. Furthermore, the designed products area reviewed based on user friendliness guidelines and check list to bring them to perfection.
- Large Touch ScreenFonts and icons are displayed in large size on the large full-color touch screen. Furthermore, the finished quality and image of scanned document data ensures accurate operation.
- Intuitive & Tablet-like OperabilityUsers can flick on the home screen,pinch on the preview screen, and display the soft key numeric keypad when necessary, just like when intuitively operating a smartphone or tablet devices.
- Tiltable Operation Panel
The operation panel is adjustable to an easily viewable angle. Users in wheelchairs and short-statured users can operate it at an optimal angle. This feature can reduce the glare of fluorescent light in the installation environment.
- Mobile AccessibilityUsers can use smartphone or tablet device to control the MFP. Remote operation and without using the operation panel of the MFP can offer greater control flexibility.
- Easy to Read Operation PanelThe operation panel has a high contrast between the black background and the white letters in order to highlight letters. Furthermore, the heights of the letters for the main function keys are designed to be at least 4.8mm.
- Embossed Marks
The Start key, the Stop key, and the “5″ key on the numeric keypad have an embossed dot or bar mark to allow tactile recognition.
- Wide Visibility Operation PanelThe operation panel is placed in a position that is easily viewable and usable for users in wheelchairs and short-statured users.*TASKalfa 6052ci / 5052ci / 4052ci / 3252ci / 2552ci / 6002i / 5002i / 4002i
- Smooth Sliding
Users can open and close the paper drawer with just a slight force. Furthermore, the semi-auto closing paper drawer does not need to be pushed to the end. The paper guide can be adjusted with a slight force by one hand.
- Toner Locking
When a toner becomes empty, only the toner container cover automatically opens. This allows accurate and easy replacement of the toner container.
- LED for Device Status
An LED notification lamp is equipped with a MFP that allows that user to visually check the operating conditions away from the MFP. This lamp helps users with hearing difficulties to recognize the “paper empty” and other problems. In addition, the color of the LED lamp is designed in consideration of different color visions.